Card Issuance overview
Currently 90% of financial cards are issued on central issuance model. The cards care personalised and dispatched directly to cardholders from card bureaus. Instant issuance is the platform for card issuance where the banks will be able to issue fully personalised cards instantly at the time of account opening. This document covers the distributed issuance model where the card is personalised in bank branches/ROs and couriered to the cardholders directly.
Advantages of distributed issuance:
1. Reduced TAT for card issuance and delivery
2. In-house personalisation (within bank premises) reduces the risk of fraud and card duplication and increases data security.
3. Lower card courier charges
CE840 system overview
Financial institutions, service bureaus, retailers, governments and other card issuers can now issue highly secure and personalised embossed cards on demand or in low-volume batches with ® the Datacard CE840™ instant issuance system. Backed by our world-class reputation and unmatched system performance, this desktop system empowers you to enhance engagement efforts or implement new programs. Standard features include embossing, indent printing and magnetic stripe encoding. Optional direct-to-card colour printing and smart card personalisation are also available.
CE840 Embosser Module description
Direct-to-card dye sublimation/resin thermal transfer printing:
1. One-sided (simplex) and two-sided (duplex), edge-to-edge printing
2. Full-colour and monochrome capability
3. Standard mode: 300 x 300 dots per inch, standard text, bar code and graphics printing
Smart card personalisation:
1. Contact and contactless smart card encoding for ISO 14443 A/B, ISO 7816 and Mifare chips
2. Single-wire connectivity; supports production of EMV level-1 compliant cards
1. Wheel 1: 72 characters indent: OCR B4 0-9 OCR B1 A-Z 0-9 .,-‘/& MasterCard 0-9 Helvetica 0-9
2. Wheel 2: 52 characters emboss: 7B 0-9 Standard Gothic A-Z 0-9 .,-‘/&
Encoding: Magnetic stripe encoding ISO 7811, three track high- and low-coercivity
Speed: 45-50 cards per hour
Warranty: 12-month system warranty
Plastic cards accepted: ISO ID-1/CR-80 size cards. PVC with glossy laminate surface 3.370 in. x 2.125 in. (85.6 mm x 53.98 mm); thickness of 0.030 in. (0.76 mm) +/- 10%
Operating environment: 15º C to 32º C; 100-240V, 50/60 Hz
Agency approvals: cUL, FCC, I.C., CE, Ctick, VCCI, RoHS, WEEE agency approvals in process: CCC & KC
The Custom Desktop Issuance software combines an attractive operator interface for all main functions in the personalisation ® ® process. It is a flexible software solution for low volume printing batches. The software is designed to be flexible with Datacard Affina ® ® Personalisation Manager software or Datacard Syntera Customisation Suite software, allowing the customer to use existing smart card applications.
AFFINA EMV solution (for VISA, MasterCard and RuPay chip cards)
The Datacard EMV smart card solution includes a full package for EMV card personalisation along with key management and data preparation.