Every year, under the aegis of United Nations Environment Programme, June 5 is celebrated as World Environment Day (WED) across the world. The theme of WED 2016 is ‘Go Wild for Life’.
At Ricoh, we commemorate WED along with our major stakeholders worldwide, in a month-long Ricoh Global Eco-Action celebration.This initiative began in 2006 and is organised annually with the aim of enhancing eco-awareness and improving the quality of environmental management.
Some of the eco-action programmes that were held in June 2016 included the following:
- Ricoh India signs ‘India Business and Biodiversity Initiative’ declaration of Ministry of Environment, Forests & Climate Change (Govt. of India) and CII-ITC Centre of Excellence for Sustainable Development. We have been invited to be part of the Advisory Group of this elite club of corporate citizens in India
- Outreach on product stewardship and end-of-life take-back programme for major customers.
- Tree plantation drive in Bangalore anchored by HR-South team and volunteers
- Eco-kiosks and wildlife talk by experts from WWF-India
- Treasure Earth & Wonders Out of Waste (WOW) – Season 2
Based on the belief that economic, social, and environmental issues are inseparable, the Ricoh Group is committed to making every possible contribution to the creation of a sustainable society.
We aim to protect the global environment by implementing measures against climate change, and improving resource productivity through our business activities.